The Executive Committee of PLTA has adopted the following Principles
of Fair Conduct created by the American Land Title Association:
ALTA PRINCIPLES OF FAIR CONDUCT
- To engage only in business practices that are lawful and consistent with a high standard of ethical behavior.
- To encourage a culture of compliance within their organizations for
federal and state laws that govern the title insurance business and for
- To treat consumers in a fair and ethical manner.
- To provide consumers with timely and comprehensive information
regarding their policies, services, products, and prices so as to enable
consumers to shop effectively among providers of title-related
- To encourage and assist consumers to be educated purchasers of title insurance and title-related services.